have been guest blogging for few weeks now and within that period I have written several guest posts,. A lot of my guest posts were written solely for the sake of getting traffic and subscribers, and to improve my sphere of influence. Others were written solely for the purpose of experimenting and learning new things as far as guest blogging is concerned.
To say I haven’t learnt anything when it comes to guest blogging would be a lie.
Let me discuss with you what I have learnt so far.
What is Guest Blogging?
The first question that will come to your mind when guest blogging is mentioned is, ‘what exactly is guest blogging?’ A lot of us know that forum marketing is the act of marketing our blog/website on forums. Most of us know that blog commenting is the act of commenting on other blogs. But what is guest blogging?
Guest blogging is the act of writing for another blog, with the hope of getting quality back-links, getting traffic, gaining exposure and building relationships.
Who Can Use Guest Blogging?
Guest blogging definitely has a lot of advantages, (which I’ll be getting into soon) but one major concern I have been getting from readers is that they only see guest blogging being used in the make-money-online niche. They ask me if it is really effective in other niches. Since guest blogging is based on you giving away free content with the hopes of getting link/traffic/exposure, it is really practical and effective in other niches.
The problem is that it might be a little difficult to find blogs to write for in niches other than the MMO niche. However, this also means that the blogs you’re after would’ve only had a few guest bloggers competing to write for them. This gives you the chance to get even more results from your guest posts.
Anybody can use guest blogging, in any niche: as long as there are blogs within your niche – guest blogging is possible.
Benefits of Guest Blogging
There are various reasons to guest post, and I’m a firm believer in the fact that your reason for guest posting will determine the kind of guest post you write, and the kind of blog you write for. I’ve written a previous post on some of the major benefits of guest blogging but I also think it will be better if I highlight some of the major reasons why I personally guest post below.
• To Gain Quality Traffic: In most cases this is the only reason I guest post. From my observation I have discovered that guest blogging is one of the best ways to get quality traffic that sticks and converts into subscribers. A recent guest post of mine on Problogger sent me over 1000 visitors in less than a week with very low bounce rate and quality time on site. So many of these visitors even go on to engage with me in other places. Guest blogging is by far my best traffic source.
• To Gain Subscribers: To me, this is the joy of guest blogging because there is no point in having traffic that doesn’t stick. I have gotten as much as 2000 visitors in one day from Stumbleupon alone, but you’ll find it difficult to believe that none of those visitors subscribed to my blog, and even though my guest posts on big blogs send me an average of 400-500 visitors I still get over 100 subscribers from each and every one of them. In fact, my recent guest post on Problogger (which is my highest-performing one ever) sent me over 400 subscribers in the first 3 days – and I keep on getting subscribers from it every day.
• To Build Backlinks: I once started an experiment (which has now been paused) to see how effective guest blogging is for link building. Guest blogging is the easiest and most effective way to build quality and authoritative backlinks to your blog. For this reason some of my posts are ranking on page one of Google for their desired keywords, most of my posts are indexed and ranked as soon as they’re published, and I now get over 4,000 visitors from Google alone every month. Guest blogging is definitely the best way to build authority backlinks to your blog and domain name – and the fact that it is also the easiest makes it the best.
• To Gain Exposure: Do you know that Problogger gets as much as 40k visitors every single day? Let’s say I was able to get a guest post published on Problogger. In a matter of one week the guest post would have been viewed by at least 10k people. This means that number of people have also seen my name. You might not see great value in this but considering the fact that people have to see a brand at least 7-8 times before they become really familiar with it, you will easily gain exposure and build your brand by repeatedly getting featured on the top blogs in your niche.
• It Helps Build Your Brand: Even though I get thousands of visitors from search engines every single month my blog name and my name are the most searched keywords readers look for. This is mainly as a result of my guest blogging (because I get the most searches when a guest post of mine is published on a big blog). I have also noticed that visitors who arrive from the search engines through my blog’s name (or my name) are those who end up spending the most time on my site. So, it doesn’t matter what people think works or not, guest blogging is one of the most effective ways to build a great brand.
• To Gain Credibility: What is the best way to start making a lot of sales when you launch a new product? Or what is the best way to get a lot of affiliates to jump on board? The truth is your traffic counts but the big players will only help you promote your stuff when they know they can count on you. There is no better way for people to know they can trust you than for them to repeatedly see your work on some of the biggest blogs in their niche. Guest blogging helps build your credibility and makes it easy for people to trust you and take your word for it.
I’ve done quite a job explaining the benefits of guest blogging and considering this isn’t the main area we’re touching on today, let’s move on.
Proof that Guest Blogging Works
Just so you know I’m serious when I talk about guest blogging (and that I get results from my efforts) I’ll show you some screenshots from some of my successful guest posts.
While you’re at it, I’ll also like you to know that even though my results might be mouth watering, they aren’t typical. I have seen people get more/fewer results than I do. This post will be based on my approach to guest blogging and I believe that by following my approach you will be able to get better results than I did.
Over 1K Visitors from Only One Guest Post
By Bamidele ( writers in charge)